Sunday, August 21, 2011

Snapshot of my week - Take my breath away

click on pic to enlarge

What an awesome start to the week.

Three days of snow that changed the city completely. Of course my city is not geared for snow so it pretty much created havoc - couldn't get to work, schools closed, no transport where I live, lights flickering, flaky internet etc. But tons of fun!

And the views - absolutely spectacular and breathtaking.  I have never seen my city look so beautiful.

Always knew it was the best place on earth but now that's pretty much confirmed.

The kid in me came out too and had to build a snowman. So much fun but my hands froze.

And then the snow melted and the icy winds from the Antarctic took over - that was not fun.

Two jackets and I was still cold. The temperature here is so deceptive. It is hugely colder than the temperature suggests when the icy cold Southerlies from the Antarctic sweep the city.

Might have to add thermals to the wardrobe and a proper pair of snow boots if snow is going to be an annual event from now on. Oh how exciting.


check out my snowy pics on my Photos are Fun blog  

This quote by Maya Angelou sums it up nicely for me
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Hope you all had a week that took your breath away and may we all have them again and again. 

This one will be etched in my memory forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection