Saturday, July 12, 2014

UBC Jul 11 - Think Outside The Square

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 11

Sometimes you have to think outside the square

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation

My son does not like cake so buying expensive birthday cakes are wasted on him. But it is a tradition in my family to celebrate all birthday's with a cake. So last year I thought I'd so something different and "thought outside the square" to come up with a fun way to decorate a small cake. Read more about it on A Personal Touch

Thinking outside the square can also be applied to writing and blogging particularly when hit with writer's / blogger's block.  This week The Write Tribe asks us to share the ways in which we overcome that block. The idea is to keep writing so here are some suggestions:

1. Take a picture and blog about it. Tell the story around the picture. I love this one as it's an easy one to do and you can get very creative with this. If words fail you, just post a picture and link up to a Wordless Wednesday. Ruchira at Abracadabra hosts one.

2.  Write a gratitude post. There is always something to be grateful for. Laurel at Alphabet Salad  hosts a weekly Gratitude linkup.

3.  Post a favourite song and write about it. Joyce at Catch My Words hosts a Musical Monday that you can link to.

4.  Write a haiku poem. You can say a lot in just 17 syllables. Haiku Horizons hosts a weekly prompt and linkup.

5.  ABC Wednesday is a great weekly meme to link up to. You can do so much with this one.

And if after all that the block refuses to budge, then take a break and read someone's blog. You may find your inspiration in someone else's post. Works for me. Here's a post that was inspired by another blogger's post.

Happy blogging.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out all my daily thoughts on Pinterest




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que


   Write Tribe

16 comments:

  1. These are fantastic ideas for something that we all struggle with at one time or another, Suzy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen. Glad you find these helpful and thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. These are some great ideas, Suzy. I like the idea of Musical Mondays, will give it a try sometime! I have known about Wordless Wednesdays for a while but never participated, maybe I will when there is nothing to say :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! those were lovely tips! Will sure follow them when the muse flies away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a brand new blogger, I need all of the helpful hints that I can get! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your take on 'thinking outside the square' Great tips! Good and soulful music always helps me to break the writer's/blogger's block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy , you have us great idea to beat the writer's block. The picture idea is superb and acts as a filer till new ideas start germinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for those fantastic ideas to overcome writer's block. Many times I want to write but can't come up with something to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good ones, Suzy! I like the way you interlinked the various blogs as well. Nice touch :) I use pretty much all the above, except for Musical Mondays, and agree that Writer's Block rarely hits me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said, Suzy! All those work for me. I particularly appreciate you showing others' blogs!
    Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All good points. Great job in linking blogs. I don't ever have writer's block or blogger's block -- just need more time to write what I want!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you tackled this prompt Suzy. Must look up all those sites. Some of course I know like Laurel's and ABC Wednesday but the others seem interesting too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really interesting ways...and I truly follow the last tip you mentioned... reading others' blogs and finding inspiration.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank You, very interesting and very helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Suzy..such workable ideas... I splly love the picture one. Will follow this

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Wordless Wednesdays... have done nearly 100 on my blog. Though havent done them for more than a year now, I guess. Laurel's Gratitude List is fabulous. Gives a lot of peace and positivity. Must try ABC Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection