Tuesday, July 15, 2014

UBC Jul 15 - Life Is Not A Race

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 15


Life is not a race, slow down


image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation


About three weeks ago I started a Daily Thoughts series on my facebook page and this was the first one I posted.

While walking to work from the railway station that day I was hurrying along keeping pace with the crowd. There were big tall men, young girls, and I struggled uphill at their pace. Suddenly this thought came into my head "you don't need to keep up with the rest, life is not a race, slow down".

Then with a strange detachment I watched them all hurrying along. I felt they all seemed to want to be ahead of the rest and each one was striving to out do the other.

I slowed down to a comfortable pace which wasn't too far behind them, and then funnily enough, I caught up with most of them outside the lifts.

Eventually we all reach the place we are meant to be. We reach it in our own way and at our own pace. We don't need to rush around and try to keep pace with the others.

Life is not a race. There are no winners or losers, only travellers.  Slow down and enjoy the journey because when we slow down we have the ability to stop and smell many roses and savour all the moments of our life. After all, isn't that what life is all about?

Check out Vidya Sury's post Do The Slow Dance on the same topic.

Have a super day.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out all my daily thoughts on Pinterest




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que



9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder, Suzy. I am so used to running around I have to stop myself, to enjoy walking, looking at my surroundings. It feels better not to race and run. And yes, we all arrive at our own pace. love, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true! We will reach where we are supposed when we are supposed to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another great thought, Suzy! We are usually so busy in the rat race around us that we forget to savour the journey... enjoying life in the slow lane will do us so much good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have noticed the same thing while getting down from train. Each one of us, rushing past each other. We need to take things slow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great example, Suzy. I've been consciously slowing down over the last month and it certainly is recommended! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise words. We've noticed the same thing when driving - the impatient drivers that go well above the speed limit and drive recklessly in order to pass other cars usually end up stuck at the same stoplight in the end! Definitely a good analogy for life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why are we all in such a hurry anyhow? I can never understand the frantic pace and don't subscribe to it. I find if I go too fast, I make mistakes and everything is a mess.

    Driving certainly can be hazardous with impatient drivers in such a hurry to get ahead. That's the worst!

    http://cattitudeandgratitude.blogspot.ca/2014/07/ubc-day-15-have-beautiful-butterfly-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we do reach the place we were meant to reach, don't we? That's an important reminder, Suzy. To slow down and enjoy the journey...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slowing down is not giving up, it means we know our limits and will proceed at our own comfortable pace.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection