Saturday, July 19, 2014

UBC Jul 19 - Small changes

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 19

Small changes can make big improvements.

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation

Have you ever gone full swing into making dramatic changes - like a full on exercise regime or a crash diet - only to find that it is simply not sustainable?

Making big changes suddenly and quickly can in some cases end up being harmful and if you're like me, simply cannot be sustained as a lifestyle change.

But little changes can eventually lead to big improvements.

So last week I started to make little changes in my diet and exercise regime:

  • Added another 5 minutes of exercise to my morning routine
  • Added 5 minutes of yoga breathing 
  • Climbed stairs at work once a day - did a lot of stair climbing in India as there were no lifts where I lived. Didn't realise it then but I guess it was a nice workout.
  • Cut out the morning snack and replaced it with some roast veges and a piece of fruit

The little changes weren't hard to make and hardly noticeable, yet I feel a whole lot better. Eventually these changes will become everyday routine and the big improvements will be visible.

For now, I'm happy with these.

Small changes can make big improvements. If you are overwhelmed with big changes, make small ones.

If you've been reading my posts I had mentioned that I had ordered my juicer (NutriBullet extractor) which has now arrived. I tried it today and it was awesome. Adding that to my small changes too.

Have a super weekend.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out all my daily thoughts on Pinterest




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que




7 comments:

  1. Such encouragement here! Small changes can eventually lead to big improvements. Blessings, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about small changes making a big difference. I totally agree. I can't do the big dramatic change thing either. I never stick with it. I've been going steadily to WW for four years and have made small changes to my diet that make a difference such as drinking more water, less sweet binging (Still working on that one!), more fruit and veggies, watching portions and exercising. I'm not perfect at it and I'm okay with it.

    http://cattitudeandgratitude.blogspot.ca/2014/07/ubc-day-19-black-sheep-of-family.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzy

    All I am going to say is: AMEN

    I am going to try making these small changes to my diet too in order to improve my body image! :-) Thanks for the timely reminder and POWERFUL message #HUGSS

    Much love
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Suzy,
    What a great post and on such a very important subject. I preach this to my clients all the time. Small changes can be so powerful. Adding a lovely plant to your kitchen--I got a new basil plant. Adding 5 circles to your hip circles routine--one circle of each type for the years old I am. Do things to lift your spirits, increase your hydration, lift your grooming. I am going to re-post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree wholeheartedly with you on this one, Suzy. If you make drastic changes, it pushes you back a few because it is daunting. Gradual progress is far better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! Big changes start from little starting steps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to try and make small changes and see big results, thanks for sharing these awesome tips.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection