Monday, July 28, 2014

UBC Jul 28 - Indulgence

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 28

Now and then a little indulgence is therapeutic

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation


This afternoon I went for my usual lunchtime walk and then turned into one of the department stores to do some window shopping,

There was a big sale on all items so of course temptation set in and having promised myself that I would only window shop, I walked out with a bit of indulgence in a bag! I bought my favourite perfume Elizabeth Arden's Red Door.  Did I feel guilty? Heck no. Retail therapy rocks!

Now and then a little indulgence is therapeutic - shopping, eating, taking a break from exercising - are all wonderful indulgences and necessary for our well being. Body, mind and soul also need some rest and recreation.

I'm pretty good at curbing shopping indulgences but eating and blobbing out are my favourite indulgences. Applying the 80-20 rule, approximately 1 week a month should be spent on indulgences (my view only). That just makes it easier to stick to all those difficult things like eating sensibly, exercising etc if you only have to do that for 3 weeks of the month. Works for me anyway.

So share your favourite indulgence and your favourite perfume too.

Happy whatever makes you smile.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out all my daily thoughts on Pinterest




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que



4 comments:

  1. You have to indulge every once in a while. I tend to indulge once a week, sometimes twice a week if it is a hectic week. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is that I can't stop indulging. I do much better with the motto "Don't take the first bite." I have no self control. I haven't had a drink in 16 years because when I drink, I can't stop. Last year I did a healthy cleanse - no sugar, no processed foods. I maintained it well for 6 months! I felt great! Then I went on vacation and it all fell to pieces. I haven't been able to get back on the wagon since, even though I remember how good it felt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove to indulge from time to time coz I believe in treating the self..my indulgence is capuccino coffee...hehe the biggest one was when I forked 4500 for a pair of Levis on ma budday:)

    http://vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com/2014/07/an-orkut-love-story-chapter-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to spoil ourselves from time to time; it is great therapy! I love my occasional mocha coffee or chocolate milkshake. :)
    Love and blessings, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection