Thursday, July 3, 2014

UBC Jul 3 - Row Row Row Your Boat

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 3

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation


Now how does a nursery rhyme feature in today's post? Particularly since this series has an evolving theme of daily inspiration.

Actually, there is great wisdom in this nursery rhyme.

Row row row your boat - Life is not meant to be stagnant, keep moving, take action

Gently down the stream - Journey through life gently, slowly, savouring each moment. Be gentle on yourself. Paddle downstream, going with the flow not against it.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - yes, be happy, enjoy life, live in joy. 

Life is but a dream - live your dream. 

The last line reminds me of a time when I was very little. I believed that each of us had an angel and that our life was the angel's dream - life is but a dream!. And when the angel woke up, we died. 

So row, row, row your boat gently down the stream,
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
and keep the angel dreaming!


Have an awesome day.

Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que



14 comments:

  1. I love this nursery rhyme, my mam would always sing it to me as a child and you've interpreted it's meaning very well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the quote ' In order to keep balance, keep cycling' (if I'm correct its by Albert Einstein). You're right, its best to row past stagnancy and keep moving in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of that meaning for the nursery rhyme. But it's so fitting. Of course, many people's lives are not filled with joy. Those of us who are free and lucky sould appreciate every moment, whilst sparing a thought for those who are less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved nursery rhymes, and I realised only recently that they actually have a meaning... silly me, obviously still say them as though I am still 3 or 4 years old!!! So today I will row,row row my boat gently and definitely merrily, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I have never looked at the nursery rhyme from that angle! Brilliant you are!
    Bhavya
    My UBC Day 3 post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I saw your post on the Facebook UBC challenge and really liked it a lot. I couldn't agree with you more about nursery rhymes. I recently moved from the US to the South of France and my 4 year old son did not speak a word of French. French nursery rhymes have been so helpful in teaching him a new language. You can check out the recent French nursery rhyme that I recently used on my blog here - http://masabicou.com/sur-le-pont-davignon/
    Thank you so much! Jina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this thought today, Suzy! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzy, this rhyme is apt for life. We all need to understand this important lesson hidden in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awee..... such deep meaning in a nursery rhyme. No wonder we had to learn all those in our early ages... but somehow we failed to follow the actual meaning he had..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess this will be my most-inspired-month. I might as well achieve new levels of success at work place and personal life. And if that happens, I shall give you the credit, Suzy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. I like your imagery. I always flash to the closing lines of the Carroll's Epilogue to Alice Through the Looking Glass.
    Ever drifting down the stream --
    Lingering in the golden gleam --
    Life what is it but a dream
    Perle Champion at
    Perle’s Ink,
    freelance words & art

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your interpretation of this well known song. Yes, let us row merrily for life is but a dream. Good way to look at it!

    http://cattitudeandgratitude.blogspot.com/2014/07/ubc-day-3-canadian-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. How inspiring! Yes, this rhyme can really resonate with me when you present it this way...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never had I anticipated this interpretation of such a simple rhyme! Good one Suzy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection