Friday, July 4, 2014

UBC Jul 4 - Through The Darkness

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 4

Through the darkness we see the light.

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation


Some days ago just as I opened the curtains I saw this light shining in the sky - actually there were 2 of them out in the distance and then one came closer and  looked very bright.

Of course both lights were aeroplanes. They go by often but the light looked so different in the darkness - so much brighter and not only did it catch my eye but it kept me riveted. And as I watched it, so many thoughts came into my mind:

I kept thinking that for me to see the plane this way, the darkness was needed. Perhaps that's why sometimes the Lord throws difficulties our way because that is when we start to see His light, appreciate His light. So when you are going through difficult times, know that the light will shine through. And just like I knew the 2 lights in the distance were aeroplanes, know that His light exists.

One of the lights came forward quickly, the other stayed in the background awhile. Sometimes though we are on the right path, our time to reach our destination / goals / destiny is not there yet. We need to wait until it is our turn to line up on the landing path. In trying to move things too quickly we may end up in difficulties, moving too slowly and we may miss the opportunity to land.

May you see the light through the darkness.


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que



24 comments:

  1. You had me nodding in affirmation, throughout, Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Glad you agreed with my words.

      Delete
  2. Suzy that was very powerful! You make a very good point that God is always there but we sometimes lose focus of that until we are in a place where it is just him and us. When we are at our weakest moments or in need of him he always shows up. He is even there when things are going great but we sometimes fail to acknowledge him. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathaniel. So true, that whenever we need Him, he shows up. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Thou we know that there's light after every darkness... or light is more powerful than dark... sometimes we tend to forget it... and stress over the darkness.

    Very powerful post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheethal. Glad you liked my post.

      Delete
  4. Interesting analogy and good advice. "Things are always darkest before the dawn".

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful wish to start my morning here in California. Thank you.
    Carol
    http://carolcassara.com/random-stuff/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, glad your morning started well with my post. :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely post Suzy. Reminds me of the quote 'Only in the darkness can you see the stars.', by Martin Luther King Jr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi. That's a lovely quote. thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  7. That's a lovely click Suzy and a beautiful thought to go with! Yes, even light needs darkness to highlight it's glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinodini. Glad you liked my picture and words.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! The passing of aeroplanes brought out such a beautiful thought. Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) Perception is such a wonderful thing, Suzy! I like how you saw this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the way you interpreted that Suzy. If you wish to look for meaning, I think you can find it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tulika. True that if one wishes to look for meaning we can find it.

      Delete
  11. Wow!! Love your thoughts! I wish I could have this positivism in me too!! I will have to work towards it! :)

    Visit me @TaleoftwoTomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great thought, Suzy. It is true we would not appreciate the high points of life, if we did not experience the lows. yes, through the darkness we see the light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a great thought Suzy! Loved the optimism :) It's difficult to have such optimistic view of things in life!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection