Sunday, July 6, 2014

UBC Jul 6 - Winners Losers Travellers

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 6 and my 500th post!

In life there are no winners or losers, only travellers

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation

Yesterday I came across a very interesting post from Jayanta on popular stories with a twist in particular The Hare and the Tortoise. And after reading his post I posted a comment that became the Daily thought of this post.

When I was young, I wanted to race through life, I couldn't wait to get everywhere, confident that no matter what I did, I couldn't lose. When you are young you have this limitless energy, a zest for achieving, the outer things become important. Happiness, excitement and energy come from that competitive streak. I was probably like the hare, confident, ambitious and competitive. To win was exhilarating. Life always had to accelerate from 0 to 200 in a fraction of a second.

But now I want to be like the tortoise, slowly meandering through life and savouring each moment. My happiness and excitement comes from the little things - like the Camellias that bloom in Winter in my garden, the birds that come to feed on leftover bread, the beautiful trees that line my street, the hills that look so serene and peaceful, the clouds in the sky that make new shapes each moment. My joy comes from within in connecting with and surrendering to my Divine Lord. I have a zest for living not achieving, my energy comes from quiet meditation, devotional music and Nature.

I didn't win the race when I was young nor did I lose.
I'm not winning any race now, nor am I losing.

Each of us travel the journey of life at our own pace, in our own way and hopefully in joy.

In life there are no winners or losers, only travellers.

Travel well in your own way and enjoy your journey.


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que



20 comments:

  1. Thoughtful post again! Beautiful!! You keep me linger in thoughts with every post of yours! I'll come back again :)
    Visit me @TaleoftwoTomatoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shalini. Glad you enjoy my posts and glad that you will come back again :)

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful thought. I am falling in love with your blog. Everyday a new thought with such great meaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reema. I'm so glad you like my blog so much. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. "In life there are no winners or losers, only travellers."
    -- I love this way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful post Suzy :) When we think beyond winning and losing, so many problems in our life will be solved! Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swathi. When the realisation comes, life becomes blissful.

      Delete
  5. I believe Suzy that this comes with age, when you gain confidence to see the world through your own eyes and not through a travel guide ... The best part of travel is the people you meet on the way. HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. You are so right, it's the people you meet that make the journey worthwhile. Hugs and love.

      Delete
  6. Winning/ Losing has become an integral part - Afer Every event we analyze - which side of the fence we are. Tough to come out of this rigmarole , but with dedicated approach I think it shud be achievable

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess we start learning this lesson after an age and experience. I am still learning to look around and enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right--we do rush through when we are young! Thanks for stopping by the other day....enjoying your posts.
    Carol
    http://carolcassara.com/canary-mine/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely right, Suzy! We should savor the journey each and every day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still have days where I feel like I to have gotten so much more done that I was able to! Those must be my wild hare days!

    I think that still being on the journey is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words of wisdom: well said! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strange! Even I wrote about travel but in another way :)


    My UBC Day 7 Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. How I wish I would be in that position. I live life rushing, but then my family is the same way. Thanks for the reminder to slow down

    ReplyDelete
  14. I liked this thought a lot. If only we'd let go of this rat race and savor the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a delightful read, Suzy. It is so important to develop this kind of awareness and acceptance about how one's attitude to so many things in life changes, including the pace at which we want to live and work through the life. Thoughtful and insightful indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection