Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday Thoughts - Choice








On some nights, he has nowhere to sleep, on others he suffers from insomnia.
"That's just how it is," thinks the warrior. "I was the one who chose to walk this path".
                                                                   ~ The Warrior of the Light, Paulo Coelho


This is a very apt quote for me to analyse, digest and then accept today.

Sometimes people take advantage of the help and empathy you offer and betray your trust.

Today was a day for that and I was angry. And then as I searched for a Thursday Thought, I came across the above quote.

I had the choice to not extend the help, empathise or trust but I did. I realise now that although helping someone appears to be the "good" thing to do, sometimes not helping is the good thing to do. Empathise, but not constantly and be careful when you trust someone.

I brought this on myself with the choices I made. Something to remember for the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection