Monday, November 28, 2011

Music Monday - Elton John's Daniel


Elton John is another one of my favourite singers. He gave a concert on Friday in Dunedin which I did not attend but I did see him in concert in the December of 2006 in Wellington and it was an awesome concert. An unforgettable experience.



So I thought I'd share one of my favourite Elton John song's this week - "Daniel"

"Daniel" also has a special meaning for me - quite different from the inspiration behind the writing of this song.

I was 16 years old when my older brother travelled on a plane to make a life in the US. I remember waving goodbye and the tears in my eyes. As we headed back home, this song played again and again in my head.

My brother always tells me there are 3 places in the world I must see before I die - New Zealand (been there, done that, tick in the box),  Jerusalem, and Barcelona (Spain). The latter two are definitely on my "places to see" list.

So here it is - Elton John's "Daniel". Dedicated to my wonderful brother who "has and still sees more than I" and for all his achievements is for my family a "star in the face of the sky" and someone I miss each time the red tail lights head back out of Wellington just like I missed him when the red tail lights headed back out of Mumbai those many years ago.





Have an awesome day

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Linking to:


Lyrics
Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

They say Spain is pretty, though I've never been
Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen
Oh and he should know, he's been there enough
Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much

Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died, but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes
Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes


4 comments:

  1. I do love this song--what a wonderful post about your brother!! So glad you shared this with us!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection