Monday, December 12, 2011

Music Monday - Imagine

Last week was John Lennon's 31st death anniversary. So I thought I would share a John Lennon song. A song of peace which is very appropriate for this time of year.

"Imagine" was written and sung by John Lennon himself and released in 1971.

In 2004 "Rolling Stone" (US music magazine) ranked "Imagine" 3rd in it's list of "500 Greatest Songs of All Time".

The main theme of the song was Lennon's message of giving peace a chance - imagining a world that lives in peace.

Information taken from Wikipedia - Imagine

Here are some quotes from John Lennon that are quite thought provoking:
"Everybody's talking about peace, but nobody does anything about it in a peaceful way." 
"Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King are great examples of fantastic nonviolents who died violently. I can never work that out. We're pacifists, but I'm not sure what it means when you're such a pacifist that you get shot. I can never understand that."
"You are all geniuses, and you are all beautiful. You don't need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, live peace, and breathe peace, and you'll get it as soon as you like."

So here is John Lennon singing "Imagine" at the 1972 Charity Concert at the Madison Square Garden




Here's wishing you all peace this season.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Linking to:














Lyrics
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say 
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say 
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

3 comments:

  1. Perfect selection. I really cannot think where the years have gone....I was still in school in 1981, seems like yesterday.
    Thank you for your constant updates, I've not had much time to post comments on anything lately, the weeks are rushing by.
    Wishing you a very wonderful festive holiday, Kate W xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song and lovely quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kate and Ruby. Imagine is a great song.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection