Saturday, June 23, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - W is for ...


Today I truly needed to hear this beautiful song by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
A song that lifts my spirits whenever I'm feeling low.
It's such an inspirational song.




When you believe

Was written and composed by Stephen Schwartz for the 1998 DreamWorks animated feature The Prince of Egypt.


Youtube - When you believe


Here are some other "when" songs


When I need you

Written by Albert Hammond and Carole Bayer Sager was a 1977 hit for Leo Sayer when it reached number 1 on both the UK Singles Chart and the Billboard Hot 100.
This song brings back memories of my days at University


Youtube - When I need you



When will I see you again

Was written and produced by Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff. It was a hit song for the American soul group, The Three Degrees.
The song reached number 1 on the Adult Contemporary Chart, number 2 on the Pop Singles Chart and Disco Chart, and number 4 on the R&B chart in 1974. It was also at the top of the British Pop Chart.
The Three Degrees performed the song at Prince Charles' 30th birthday party at Buckingham Palace in 1977.
This is a song close to my heart.


Youtube - When will I see you again


Check out some other W entries at ABC Wednesday

Have a wonderful day.

Warm Regards
Photobucket



16 comments:

  1. I appreciate the songs you choose - sometimes they bring back fond memories, and sometimes they introduce me to something new and wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely choice of songs...enjoyed listening to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Suzy,
    Nice choices again this week. Mariah is one of my favorite singers. Whitney was such a talent, but plagued by drugs...such a loss. My wife, she's from the UK, tells me The Three Degrees was Prince Charles' favorite group. He also liked Shirley Bassey. She always remembers Leo as the thin man with a head full of curly hair! LOL
    Thanks for sharing.

    The Warm Fingers Of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. Agree with all your comments. Shirley Bassey is one of my favourite singers. Was thrilled to see her at the Queen's Jubilee concert.

      Delete
  4. BTW, I forgot to mention, if you're interested, the next prompt for Lovers' Cove Challenge #2 has already been posted. Linky will open June 26th - June 30th or when 30 links have bee received. Hope you can join us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. clever theme. always loved The Three Degrees song, especially.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the first song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LindyLou. It's very inspirational. I like it too.

      Delete
  7. really great songs. "When You Believe" is a wonderful Duet

    my piece is a when also



    when time races like a bullet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zongrik. It sure is very nicely sung too.

      Delete
  8. All three are fantastic songs, Suzy especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection