Monday, January 7, 2013

UBC Day 7 - Joy

Day 7 of the Ultimate Blogging Challenge

Joy comes in the most unexpected way.

Each year the gifts under our Christmas tree grow even though my friends and I have agreed not to give each other gifts but instead to meet up and have a chat over lunch or coffee in the weeks after Christmas.

And each year we invite a friend over for Christmas lunch or dinner - someone who has no one to spend Christmas with. It's our way of spreading the joy.

This year the friend brought a very unusual Christmas gift for us, but one that's given us a lot of joy and amusement.


It's fun to watch the birds jostle for a place in the feeder.  They're so cute. We never tire of watching them.



What you focus on with your thought and feeling is what you attract into your experience. ~
~ The Secret Movie


Wish you all a fun filled day.

Warm Regards

Photobucket


16 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy, sometimes it is the simplest things that give us the greatest pleasure, how many times do children leave the toy and play with the box

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Mike. The box has endless possibilities. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. sweet little post. thank you for sharing. your bird feeder makes me smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. made us smile too. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Glad you liked it. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. What a neat way to celebrate the holidays with friends. And I really liked the bird feeder. Today, I knocked the snow off our bird feeder so the sparrows could still find some supper. Surprise! A Northern Flicker somehow balanced on the feeder. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. oh wow that would've been exciting to see. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  5. What a cute feeder! My husband gave me a feeder this past summer for our anniversary; I've enjoyed it so very much. Watching our feathered friends do their thing is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri - There's never a dull moment with them.

      Delete
  6. What a unique gift! I love watching our birds visit our feeder, too. I'm afraid the squirrels here would get into the feeder if I had one like yours. LOL!
    Blessings, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Lucky for our birds there are no squirrels here. Blessing to you too.

      Delete
  7. That was such a joyous post. A) I love the tradition that you have with your friends. I love the feeder too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monick. Glad you liked my post and tradition.

      Delete
  8. Yeah, I love it, I can't have feeders because of my cats, but I would love to have some along these lines. What a smile it gave me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection