Thursday, August 7, 2014

Gratitude List #40

Linking to Alphabet Salad's Gratitude Linkup #40

Be grateful for random acts of kindness



I meant to post this yesterday but got side tracked into other things and then had to call it a day as it got close to midnight. But will post my gratitude list for yesterday as well.

So many things to be grateful for yesterday revolving around buses:
  • A cheery bus driver with a smiling face and a happy greeting (and the driver today was sullen and impatient - I almost fell down he started the bus so quickly)
  • The bus arriving on time yesterday morning (the bus was 15 mins late today)
  • A random act of kindness - the bus driver waited for me to catch the bus home otherwise I would've had to wait another 1/2 hour at least in the dark. Not something I like doing. 

Some other things to be grateful for yesterday:
  • A very warm jacket on a very cold day
  • Lots of support from fellow bloggers
  • Blogspot forum where we can post questions 
  • Very grateful for the replies I got on my posted question 

And some things to be grateful for today:
  • Glad it wasn't raining when the fire alarm went off at work 
  • Glad my new water boiler got installed today - no more worrying if the water will suddenly turn cold in the middle of a shower
  • Glad the plumber fixed my shower as well though it wasn't part of the deal.

I am truly grateful for random acts of kindness.


Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out all my daily thoughts on Pinterest




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que


30 comments:

  1. These random acts of kindness really make life worthwhile sometimes...The heart feels so good na? In all the commotion and rush for life, these are the things that make the difference..

    Random Thoughts Naba - Trivialize No More!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do Naba,.A random act of kindness gives more joy than a planned ones.

      Delete
  2. Random acts of kindness makes you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do. Thanks Lancelot for visiting.

      Delete
  3. So many great random acts of kindness! And I like the idea of writing down what you're grateful for, it makes you more aware and appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does Salma. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Just being grateful for the little things can make us happy. Glad you shared these, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. It is all the little things put together that make up the big things.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Suzy! ~

    Your gratitude list makes me smile -- Thank you for sharing! Hope you're having a GREAT day today!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Glad my list made you smile, Have an awesome day.

      Delete
  6. Suzy your post reminds me of a long forgotten gratitude post I had to complete! And thanks for sharing yours :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richa. I hope you'll finish your post so we can read it.

      Delete
  7. I'll be writing another post on gratitude next week. I hear you when it comes to bus drivers. A good one can make your day. A surly one - ruin it! When I draw a good one, I always say "thank you" when I get off the bus! Alana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alana. Yep happy drivers do make us smile and yes I thank them too.

      Delete
  8. World can surely use more of such kind bus drivers and plumbers! Thanks Suzy for reminding us there is so much goodness in the world if only we care to look closely and keep that attitude of gratefulness and kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beloo. There is truly goodness in the world. We've just conditioned ourselves to look at the negative side. Time to change and focus on all the good.

      Delete
  9. Remember that movie "Pay it Forward" ? I think that best epitomises the concept of random acts of kindness. Just a single selfless deed can really start a chain reaction, I feel... its just a matter of following through and passing it on someone else..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Roshan. We need to pass the kindness baton around and not hold onto it.

      Delete
  10. What lovely bus driver to have waited for you. That really is the humane aspect of our existence. Oh and can you share the Blogspot forum link? Sounds like a good support group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja. Was so thankful he waited. The blogger forum is a good one. Posted the link on your FB post.

      Delete
  11. A good bus driver makes quite a difference. :) It was impressive how quickly your forum questions were answered, Suzy. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. Yes, the forum replies are very prompt. It's a great place to get answers when in doubt.

      Delete
  12. Small acts of kindness and small blessings can make such a big difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when I commuted by bus every day - it's amazing the difference the little things make to your ride! And pleasant drivers are one of the most important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Laurel. It's the little things that make a big difference.

      Delete
  14. Hi Suzy - as a bus driver I would have given you a smile and waited for you ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many things to be grateful for! You know sometimes a smile or random act of kindness is all it takes to warm the heart and let us feel we can go on with this life. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kathy. Sometimes just a smile gives us the strength to go on.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection