Thursday, April 20, 2017

Quieting the Mind ... #atozchallenge letter Q @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter Q



Quieting the mind is not an easy thing to do


Have you ever tried to meditate, clearing and quieting the mind?  I marvel at people who can meditate like that because it is such a difficult thing to do for me.

But some years ago someone said to me that meditation and quieting the mind is a very personal thing. That is what works for one not necessarily works for another. We need to find our own way of meditating. And when we find our way and connect with Spirit, then we have automatically quietened the mind.

I am very late with my post so will not ramble further.

Share your quieting the mind experiences in the comments below.

If you do leave a comment, please make it easy for me and add a link to your blog / post. Thanks.

Teaser for the letter R: Respond Intelligently ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not                  
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if
Music
Now and then
Open Doors
Patience



Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

7 comments:

  1. I used to be able to do this very easily between 2007-2008. Then I got stressed out with a lot of stuff back in Patna, and stopped doing regular meditation. No, finally, I'm getting it back.
    For me, focusing on my breath works fastest.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning to worry less - and when your mind isn't churning over things that could possibly happen or possibly go wrong, you end up with quiet and peace - just lovely.
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really meditate in the true sense of meditation but I do find activities like stroking my cat and staring out the windows at the birds is like meditation for me and very calming. Seeing the squirrels ransacking the feeders, not so much! That makes my blood boil! Haha!

    Another restful and wise post, Suzy. I always feel calm and better about things after reading your poems and texts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meditate at 4a.m. daily Suzy as that time my mind is in it's quietest state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quieting the mind is very difficult. It is always churning, spewing out one thought after another, sometimes several at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quieting the mind can be very difficult at times. One of the things that works well for me is to breathe in slowly and think to myself "breathe in holy spirit." I then exhale slowly and think to myself, "breathe out self."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to meditate; whether its 5 mts or 30 - its just fabulous!! But it takes steady practice to get in that groove for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection