Thursday, May 10, 2012

ABC Wednesday - Round 10 - Q is for ...



The songs just ran through my mind, but writing an introduction for them just eludes me. So instead, I'll just launch into them.

Here they are, my Q songs:



Quando Quando Quando 

Italian or Portuguese for "When When When", Quando Quando Quando is an Italian pop song from 1962 composed by Tony Renis and written by Aloberto Tresta.

It was originally sung in English by Pat Boone, but the song was made famous by Engelbert Humperdink.

It has also been sung by many other artists including Connie Francis (in Italian), Cliff Richard, Michael Buble and Nelly Furtado (duet). But as I like Engelbert's version the best, here it is:


Youtube - Quando Quando Quando



Quizzaz Quizzaz Quizzaz 

Also known as "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps", is a pop song by Cuban songwriter Osvaldo Farres who  wrote the music and original Spanish lyrics for the song.

The English lyrics were written by Joe Davis but are not a translation of the Spanish lyrics.

Several artists have recorded this song including Nat King Cole, Trini Lopez, and Celia Cruz.

Here is Nat King Cole's very soothing version from his album Cole Espanol:


Youtube - Quizas Quizas Quizas - Nat King Cole

But I also found this version by a Korean singer that has a faster beat. Enjoy.


Youtube - Quizas Quizas Quizas - Korean Singer



Que Sera Sera 

Whatever Will Be, Will Be, was written by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans. The song was  made popular by Doris Day and was introduced in the Alfred Hitchcock film "The Man Who Knew Too Much" in 1956 (starring Doris Day and James Stewart).

Doris Day's version of the song was a hit in the US and the UK and from 1968 to 1973 it was the theme song for "The Doris Day Show". It became her signature song.

Que Sera Sera became a figure of speech though it is not grammatical in any language.




Youtube - Que Sera Sera


Wish you all an awesome day. Perhaps (quizas) this is your day when (quando) dreams come true or if not then whatever will be will be (que sera sera).


Check out some other Q posts at ABC Wednesday


Warm Regards
Photobucket


23 comments:

  1. These three songs reminds me of my Mom, she love singing these three. I love quando and quesera myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chubskulit. I love these songs too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful compilation of wonderful songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for Q day. I never would have thought of so many songs with Q in the title. Carver, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on Q-day for ABC Wednesday! I love Michael Buble's version of Quando Quando Quando!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I like his version too - the beat and style almost brings a new meaning into it.

      Delete
  5. I actually WATCHED the Doris Day Show. Quality songs!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger. The show didn't air in India :( but I saw a few of her movies on video years later.

      Delete
  6. I'll have to check these out in the morning; wife and daughter are asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Suzy,
    Gosh, these songs bring back pleasant memories. I have always loved the silkiness of Nat King Cole's voice & of course the ever popular Doris Day, she's one of my favorite actresses. Great choices this week! Thanks for sharing.

    Thanks also for linking up to Blog Hop Saturday! The next one wil be held on June 2nd. I've extended the Linky too...will open from 8:00pm Fri June 1st - 11:59pm Sat June 2nd. Hope you can join the fun!

    The Qualities Of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy. Nat King Cole was a legend. What a melodious voice he had. thanks for hosting the blog hop. Will look forward to the June one.

      Delete
  8. Songs from my youth ! Now I will get nostalgic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gattina. These songs take me back to my childhood.

      Delete
    2. Lovely and original post for Q, Suzy! Thanks for taking part in this fun meme! Have a great weekend!
      Wil, ABC Team.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Reader Wil. I enjoy taking part in it. Thanks for hosting.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection