Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blogfest - Destiny


I have the privilege of hosting this week's prompt "Destiny" for The Writer's Post blog hop

Destiny is a topic that fascinates me. 

But is destiny real or is it just a case of mind over matter?

There are moments in my life when I've done things that I never thought I was capable of doing and then there are times when I've failed to do something relatively simple.

Even when I felt some trepidation or where the task seemed impossible, my mind willed me forward to achieve. Mind over matter prevailed.

But if mind does prevail over matter, then how does one explain those events where seemingly simple things just don't seem to fly, plans fall apart, nothing fits together. The mind just cannot find a way to succeed.

Is destiny the quiet ally or saboteur?

I believe that when it is meant to be, destiny the ally drives the circumstances for the mind to prevail over matter and when it's not meant to be, destiny the saboteur steers you away from success.


So is destiny carved in stone or can we change our destiny - or in other words do we have free will?

I believe that in the journey of our life we have a major destiny and a multitude of  minor ones that lead us to our major destiny.

Our major and minor destinies are pre-determined and will eventually be reached but there are many pathways to each destiny point.

The choices we make during the journey will determine the road we take to those points. Or in other words, we have free will to choose the path to that destiny point.

Our gut feel or intuition signals unease if we are veering off the path and will plant the deep desire to turn towards our pre-determined destination. Often we will heed this very reliable indicator and change paths ourselves.

But the Universe also lends us a helping hand and gently points us back in the direction of our destiny when we veer off the path significantly.

Free will was given to us so we could learn, experience and grow.  If everything was pre-determined, I don't think there would be any purpose in life. The choices we make and the journey itself  makes our life interesting, exciting, worthwhile and fulfilling.


We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny. But what we put into it is ours. 
~ Dag Hammarskjold


This is a combination of some posts I had written a long time ago. This blog hop gives me the opportunity to present them again. Is this destiny?

Please join in this blog hop and share your thoughts on Destiny or take the prompt and use it any way you want. I look forward to reading your posts.

Hope you have an interesting day and I also hope that today Destiny is your ally.


Warm Regards
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Interesting concept for this prompt. I will think have to think about this one. I enjoyed reading your thoughts. ♥

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great prompt that deserves some serious contemplation, because destiny vs free choice has been debated heavily over the centuries and I think we really won't know until we move on (or don't move on) to the here after that we will full grasp if destiny played a part or if our choices really mattered in the grand scheme of things.

    Great post and thank you so much for hosting The Writers' Post Thursday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn - yep, we will only know when we know. But I look forward to everyone's thoughts on this topic. It's a pleasure to host. Thanks for giving me a chance to do so.

      Delete
  3. Suzy, a great prompt that inspired some thoughts in myself as well. I always think that destiny guides our lives in terms of the choices it presents and that we have to make. But we ave control over the choice and how we react to them! Thanks for Shaing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle - I so agree with your thoughts. Choosing wisely however is a difficult thing to do!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Suzy, for making us think about the big picture this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate, we often forget about the big picture and focus too much on the little things. thanks for dropping by - off to read your post now.

      Delete
  5. I look at destiny as God's plan for us unfolding bit by bit. I don't think it is all pre-determined; we do have choices, and sometimes we make the wrong ones along life's path. But, when we listen to our hearts and let God speak to us, I believe we can and do go in the right direction.
    Thanks for making me really think today, Suzy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. I agree with you - Destiny is definitely God's plan for us - but He gives us the choice to walk our own path to that destiny. And our hearts are wonderful indicators of the right direction. I so believe that!

      Delete
  6. Yowsa! Not an easy topic to write on, but because of your fascinating prompt, Suzy, I was hyper-tuned to the notion of destiny and damn if a blog post didn't all but fall into my lap. Thanks for setting me up for the opportunity. I hope you'll check out the result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne. No definitely not an easy topic, but a fascinating one. Off to read your post.

      Delete
  7. I love this topic! Everybody has a unique take on it. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reiza. Glad you liked my topic and post. I've enjoyed reading everyone's.

      Delete
  8. Hello Suzy. What a great idea for a bloghop. You have put a lot of thought into your post and revealed very important philosophies. I was just reading today - Grab your life! I like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. In life moving forward is the key. Grab your life - I like that too.

      Delete
  9. The concept of destiny has always intrigued me until after couple of experiences when I finally decided that it's not destiny that's important. Like you said, I figured that it's what we choose and how we deal with what we're given that matters. Thanks for the prompt, Suzy. Very thought-provoking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Someone once said to me - there are no wrong roads, all roads lead to the destination just in different ways.

      Delete
  10. I really appreciate the thoughts and ideas you have share here, Suzy. We do our best and the Universe conspires to bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinne. So true, our dreams are sent out to the Universe, and then it gently brings it all back to us.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection