Monday, July 14, 2014

UBC Jul 14 - The First Step

Ultimate Blogging Challenge  and  NaBloPoMo - Day 14

The first step is the hardest to take.

image from my facebook page Suzy's Ilation


Too often we put off taking that first step after all there is always tomorrow. The first step seems to be the hardest.

Once taken, however, the next few become easier. Then comes the battle to sustain that momentum.

I've found that when I have a "buddy" who's prepared to give me that nudge when my motivation starts to drop, I'm able to keep going.

A "buddy" is also great to have if your foot stays rooted and won't budge to take that first step.

I have a friend who is my life "buddy".  For nearly a year she's been urging me to supplement one meal a day with raw fruit and vegetable juice.  After seeing the amazing results in her, I have finally decided to give it a try. If you read my post yesterday Listen and Heed, the Universe gave me a little nudge too.

So first step taken - the juicer has been ordered. And now I can't wait for it to arrive and for me to start.

If you are procrastinating over doing something, just take the first step. Investing in the well being of yourself can never be wrong.

Wishing you many easy steps.

Warm Regards
Photobucket

Check out all my daily thoughts on Pinterest




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que


12 comments:

  1. Very apt, Suzy....one must not compromise on one's health. We often tend to ignore the signs our body gives us but I guess its never late. One must try as much and keep taking one step at a time towards it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot agree more. Taking the first step becomes the determining factor on whether we fail or succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first step is the hardest, I agree, Suzy. But, once taken, oh, the adventures and discoveries we encounter as we keep moving forward! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, it is only the first step that is difficult and before we know it, that new thing falls in our comfort zone and becomes a habit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true! Once the first step is taken then the task becomes easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, your post inspired me this morning, Suzy. I am feeling very stuck and feeling a bit down this past week so your post reminded me that taking action, even a small step can be the key to change and feeling better. I even wrote my own poem about it.

    http://cattitudeandgratitude.blogspot.ca/2014/07/ubc-day-14-take-one-positive-step.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all need the buddy that will push us to take the first step..at least I need someone to push me towards the edge. It's so true:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! That first step is always the hardest then everything else usually falls into place. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first step is the hardest na..?but its all about taking that step and moving one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There have been time when I couldn't even take the first step but I CRAWLED and moved forward. Thanks for another great inspiring piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely agree, the first step is all important - on a personal and global level.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection