Monday, April 17, 2017

Now and Then ... #atozchallenge letter N @AprilA2Z


My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter N

taken at the Cadbury factory in Dunedin, NZ


Now and then a little indulgence is therapeutic


Initially I thought about something philosophical and spiritual but somehow that didn't seem right. And then looking through my archives I came across the above.

We are forever striving to be perfect - the perfect weight, the perfect job, the perfect relationship. We are so caught up in the pursuit of perfection and the drive to get there is so great that we often forget that life is meant to be savoured and enjoyed.

And so a little indulgence now and then is very necessary.

A little indulgence now and then
Is a therapeutic thing
Cake and icecream or blobbing out
Or a nature walk in Spring

In the pursuit of perfection
We often lose our way
Need to stop and smell the roses
Indulgence will surely pay

~x~


How do you stop and smell the roses, what's your idea of indulgence?  Share in the comments below.

If you do leave a comment, make it easy for me and leave a link to your blog / post.

Teaser for the letter O: Open doors ...

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not                       
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if
Music


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

20 comments:

  1. Chocolate daily. Travel when I can afford it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy is not found at the end of the journey, but along the journey... And if this journey is dotted with instances of indulgence, its all the more merrier!
    My latest indulgence story is about savoring a sweet "Petha". Its a specialty from Agra, Lucknow and many parts of Utter Pradesh in India. In one go I ate 6-7 "Pethas" and then my son had to lock the fridge and give me a stern warning, because they also wished to have their fair share of indulgence!!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectionism is such a killer - I spent too much time trying hard to do everything just right and I think I missed out on quite a few indulgent moments along the way - I'm getting better at ignoring the little criticisms and doing what I want to do regardless - it's quite empowering!
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take a me day to indulge myself Suzy n it turns out to be such a bliss.

    Nonchalant morning walk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this quote! My indulgence - chocolate or ice cream :D And yeah books :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. True.. feel good quote! Sometimes in todays life, even savouring the moment is an indulgence. Thats one I have resolved to do:)

    N ..for New

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I'd like to indulge myself with some sleep for at least 12 hours without any disturbance! SIGH... I have a workshop tomorrow, so it will have to be some other day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little indulgence now and then keeps me happy :D Be it shopping or chocolates :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second your thought Suzy, it is so vital to indulge after short intervals :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been on such a strict diet, I think this post is for me!!

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about making these indulgences an everyday affair? ;)

    I do indulge quite often and then feel guilty too for doing it that often!

    Cheers
    BoisterousBee

    ReplyDelete
  12. For me, indulgence would be to have that Cadbury chocolate or go on a vacation :) Great post, Suzy!
    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have more indulgence than norm :) That's my secret... and that indulgence invariably will be inside the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I firmly believe that chocolate can heal the soul.

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    #AtoZChallenge 1970's Billboard Hits

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daily indulgence has to be something sweet. I just can't do without it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We all need to indulge ourselves every now and then, especially if we're working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chocolate, lunchtime walks in the sunshine, ice cream, reading a good book in bed, quiet time in the garden . . . life is full of wonderful things to enjoy! Thanks for this good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My idea of indulgence varies from day to day. Yesterday, it was coconut water! :P
    You changed your blog template, didn't you?
    Btw, I'm lagging behind even more. But will catch up. Do visit my N post.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I couldn't agree more. Now and then I indulge in doing nothing, eating what I want and lazing around. That's why way to slower down the pace of life.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Cadbury Crème eggs at Easter time are a big indulgence for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection