Saturday, February 15, 2014

Explaining the name of my blog

Today I have the honour and pleasure of hosting the Thursday Writer's Post Blog Hop #4 and I'm also sharing this post for the letter E at ABC Wednesday.

Initially I thought I would ask you all to write your thoughts on love, but everywhere I turn and every prompt this week seems to be related to Love.

Instead I will ask you all to write about something you love ... your blog.

Share with us why and how you chose the name of your blog and what it means to you.

When I started blogging publicly in 2011, I found it really hard to choose a name for my blog. So many names bounced around in my head, Suzy's blog, Suzy's thoughts, Suzy's ramblings, Suzy's notes - most uncreative and very dull. But nothing really came to mind that resonated with me.

And the more I racked my brains to think of something, the more elusive and hard it got.

Whenever I blog, I listen to music as it always relaxes me and helps the thoughts form in my head and so as I listened, the song "Someday Somewhere" floated by.

Someday Somewhere
You said hello
And walked into my life

"That's it" was the thought that came into my head. And that's how I named my blog.

It's the perfect name as each one of you who drops by my blog says hello and walks into my life. Some for just that moment in time, some now and then and some for much longer with whom a lovely friendship starts to form.

This song also has a special place in my heart as it reminds me of a time long gone when love was young and sweet.

As always I am convinced the Universe sends the answers our way and for me more often than not it comes through a song.

So write your post, link up here with the linky below and share with us the beginnings of your blog. I look forward to reading your post.

And while you're writing and sharing, enjoy the song ... Someday Somewhere




Have a joyful and love filled day.

Drop by my facebook page Suzy's Ilation and if any of your posts needs some tlc, add it to the goodwill thread there and I'll drop by and give it some love.



The Linky:


Warm Regards
Photobucket



35 comments:

  1. This is interesting Suzy...Never really thought why I chose what I chose as the name of my blog... I think I just picked one randomly..But your's makes sense and gives another dimension to your blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naba. I'm always intrigued at blog names and often wonder how someone came to name their blog. thanks for linking up.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I'll attempt this Suzy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal. Looking forward to your post. Your blog name is so nice, but I've always wondered what the story behind it is.

      Delete
  3. Love this prompt and will certainly link up. And really like the story behind you blog's name. I must admit, everytime I read you blog, I think of the Thirsty Merc song Someday... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Psych Babbler. Hadn't heard the song before, so had to youtube it. Cute song. Look forward to your post.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful name, Someday Somewhere :) Loved the story behind it and am mentally making notes about my post :) This is a lovely prompt and I will link up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sulekha. Glad you like the name of my blog, my story and the prompt. Look forward to your post.

      Delete
  5. Why am I not surprised that you chose a song title for your blog name! Strangely, although I've heard so many of Demis Roussos' songs, I've never heard this one, Suzy. Very appropriate, indeed and love the prompt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh lol Corinne, you know me well. Glad you liked my post and the prompt. Demis Roussos sang some awesome songs. A lot of his songs trigger a memory or inspire a post - more on that someday!

      Delete
  6. Great idea to explain you blog name. I like it. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naming the blog after the song you love , is a good idea. One has to choose the name carefully as it reflects the person behind the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kalpana. The name of our blog does reflect our person. Perhaps that's why the Universe sent Someday Somewhere along for me as I'm such a dreamer!

      Delete
  8. Good idea to name your blog after a song. I named mine because of my writer's cramps, lol ! I'll try to participate in the Thursday Writer's Post Blog, with another theme "Alphabet Thursday" which I do for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gattina. Look forward to your post and I should get back into the Photo Hunt meme that you host - must remember next week.

      Delete
  9. This is a wonderful idea for a post. I have actually been thinking about writing an 'About' page for the blog, so maybe I will do that, as a part of this exercise! Great idea and I love the name of your blog. It has that sense of exploration , so nicely built in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja. Glad you like my prompt. Will look forward to your post. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  10. I think it is so cool that you named your blog after a song! This was a fun prompt to write for. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. glad you liked my prompt and had fun writing and linking up

      Delete
  11. I have three blogs, therefore I am doing three posts. :) Each has its own unique story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am almost done and will put the link in a while:) Thanks Suzy for letting the real ME, which is closely guarded, to come out. I am surprised what I wrote and shocked myself:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up Vishal. Very interesting to read the beginnings of everyone's blogs.

      Delete
  13. A perfect name for your blog. I am hearing this song for the first time and yes, it makes a lot of sense. :)

    Lovely prompt Suzy. Very tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jyothi. Do share your story and link up.

      Delete
  14. I read few posts on the prompt given by u ! Really a lovely idea and feels good to come over here after a gap !
    hope u remember me ;)
    and ya some day some where is a unique name - really !

    As I am here just want to know rather than posting a new post on blog. I chose Pensive just becoz of harrypotter . Wanted to store all my thoughts in my pensive just like dumbledore does
    Pen-sieve (HP) and I just changed it to Pensive ( people spell it in both ways).
    I just kept a hyphen between Pen and sive recently. Not sure if it is too cool but I liekd it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Afshan. Of course I remember you. And nice to know the story behind your blog name. I always did wonder why you chose Pensive - makes sense now. Nice to have you drop by.

      Delete
  15. Excellent prompt!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll also just say it here.The name of my writing blogs is Storypot. When I started the blog, I wanted to create a place where I could talk about the writing life, the writing process, things that inspire me to write, events in my life that influence what I write about. As the years have gone by, I have increasingly felt fortunate that I was able to choose this name, because I want my blog to be that warm kitchen where you can sit down, have a cup of coffee and chat while you cook. Only I'm cooking up the stories while my visitors keep me company and share with me about their lives.

    BTW, I came by way of Corrine from Everyday Gyaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Damaria for stopping by. Your blog name truly does reflect what you blog about and it does conjure up a nice cosy kitchen meet.

      Delete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection