Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Umbrellas can ... #atozchallenge letter U @AprilA2Z

My theme for the 2017 AtoZ Challenge is "Daily Thoughts".

Each day I will post a thought that comes to mind. The first word of the thought will correspond with the letter of the day.

So here is my thought for the letter U

picture taken inside an Indian restaurant in Wellington
and then turned upside down.


Umbrellas can provide shelter from the rain, shade from the sun,
be a wind breaker, a fashion statement and also a decoration piece.


You might be wondering where this thought of mine is leading to.  Umbrellas? Where did that come from? Last night I couldn't get umbrellas out of my head and these words went around in my head as well.

I spent some time thinking about this and came up with this explanation. Often we look at things from just one perspective or in the way we are expected to. But sometimes there are many other ways of looking at things and if we explore those we may come up with an answer we did not expect and which creates something new for us. Challenge your mind to think outside the square.


Is thinking outside the square easy or hard for you? Share one of your think outside the square stories.

If you do leave a comment, please make it easy for me and add a link to your blog / post. Thanks.

Written for the #atozchallenge drop by and check out some awesome posts.

My posts so far
All roads lead to your destiny               
Be like the river       
Change occurs at every moment
Do or do not            
Expectation              
Find the Fun
Great Minds Think Alike
Help Comes
Inaction can
Journeys
Kite Flying
Live as if
Music
Now and then
Open Doors
Patience
Quieting the mind
Respond Intelligently
Success is defined
The Day Came When


Warm Regards
Photobucket




Follow me on
My facebook page Suzy's Ilation
Bloglovin
Pinterest Suzy Que
Google+ Suzy Que
Instagram Suzy.Ila

20 comments:

  1. Clever analogy for'umbrella'. We use the expression 'think outside the box', here and yes, I do that a lot. The most important one was inventing my own job when nobody else would hire me, back in 1993/94. I'm still doing it, but have cut baxk in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post!I often do think outside the box. Mostly, on the way we do thing and why we do those things. It has helped me come up with many of my blogging ideas. Such as, why are clocks Clockwise
    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When writing for a prompt I always dismis the first idea that comes into my head as more often than not, lots of other people have used it too - except today because there aren't many U's to choose from!

    Another day in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love umbrellas. Sadly when I think out of the box, no one seems to understand except myself.....
    http://mumbaionahigh.com/2017/04/uppada-stunner-atozchallenge-2017.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought post dear Suzy. I loved the pic too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely analogy here Sue. I used umbrella for defense too!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha now that was clever Suzy; inverting the pic. Its a great ploy to use in one's life too but alas we are always stressed with whats right and whats easy to get around to doing it!!! Cheers

    ​Unzymotic Road Trip

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking outside of the Square...story of my life. I've used my job in a nursing facility to take my clients out instead of keeping them indoors. At least two times a month we go to plays that are sometimes 20 minutes away.

    T is for travel books
    http://theglobaldig.blogspot.com/2017/04/u-is-for-unleashing-travel-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking outside the square became much easier for me on two occasions, when I began teaching and when I had my daughter. Both things changed me, immeasurably so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever and lovely photo! And there's something about a beautiful colorful umbrella that just delights me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You chose a good day to write about umbrella. It's raining here today! :D
    Children do that all the time. Thinking out of the box. They find such weird uses for things. I do it too sometimes, usually when I have to improvise.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what you did with the photo and love the colors in that umbrella. Your little poem is also very clever. I tend to think in orderly, usual ways. Sometimes I break free and think outside the box. Stepping back a little and not dwelling directly on what the subject is helps me do that.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking outside the box is the only way to free your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. umbrella was my post idea but somehow I decided not to do it even though it really is a favorite subject of mine, I like your idea of umbrellas and looking at it and other things in different ways like umbrellas can been upside down or right up but it could also depends on your viewpoint.

    I don't think about thinking outside the box, more like thinking of ideas that I like that might be different enough to share.

    have a lovely day.

    ~ my U post - Unpopular list ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting topic... one I touch on for my A to Z summary post (for May 1)... but mine is from another angle... thinking inside the box and how limitations prompt creativity.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Ugli Fruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: I learned that what I called "summary" posts in my earlier comment are A to Z Reflection posts and scheduled for May 8 (not May 1).

      Delete
  16. One way I "think outside the square" so to speak is by dancing in the rain instead of using an umbrella. ;)

    Visiting from the A to Z Challenge. See my “U” post here: https://lydiahowe.com/2017/04/25/u-is-for-uncle-izaac-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hadn't thought of umbrellas like that - All I think is that winter is coming and I need to get my umbrella out of storage :)
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so clever, Suzy! Thinking outside the box is always a challenge and facing challenges helps one grow. So yes, I do that often:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment so I know you visited.

However, any inappropriate comments will be removed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright Protection